Graduate Student Resources
RESOURCES FOR CURRENT STUDENTS
The best source for current graduate information, including dissertation/thesis guidelines,
committee forms, and steps to take for graduating, are found on the Graduate Programs site. Information about financial aid and scholarships is also available through Student Financial Aid.
Graduate Student Forms
Students can download required Graduate Student Forms from the UW Registrar's site. For any form that requires an ID number, always use
your W#. Never put your social security number on forms. W#s can be looked up through
Steps to Complete to Graduate
- Visit the University of Wyoming Commencement page for information
- Form a graduate committee and fill out a Program of Study, being sure to include all
core courses, and get committee approval. See above for more details on this form.
- Complete all coursework on approved Program of Study.
The semester you intend to graduate, you must do the following:
- Be enrolled in at least one credit. If all of your coursework is complete, you can
enroll in continuous registration.
- Declare your graduation date through WyoRecords as early in the semester as possible (or the semester prior). If there are problems
with any of your paperwork at this time, you will be contacted by the Registrar's
office and/or the C&I Office Associate.
- Fill out and have your committee sign the Report of Final Examination Form at the defense or at their approval. Dissertation and Plan A Thesis students must
sign the form, but Plan B non-thesis students do not need to do so. Signatures may
be collected electronically. This form should then be emailed to the C&I Office Associate
for other signatures and delivery to the Registrar. This form is not needed if you
are ONLY doing a graduate certificate.
- Check on the current formatting and submission requirements for your Dissertation or Thesis in Acalog.
- Pay the graduation fee to the Registrar's Office. Please contact them for details.
- All paperwork must be complete and submitted prior to the last day of class you wish
to graduate. This varies by semester but is typically the first week of December
for Fall, the last week of April for Spring, and the first week of August for Summer.
Exact dates can be found on the University calendar.