Contact Information for School of Graduate Education
Jim Ahern, Vice Provost & Dean, (307) 766-2897
- Provides leadership for the School of Graduate Education.
- Serves in a variety of UW roles supporting UW’s teaching, research, and inclusivity
missions. Member of the Academic Affairs’ leadership team, Deans’ Council, UW’s Inclusion
Council, among others.
- Point of contact regarding new graduate programs, graduate program reviews, graduate
student issues, graduate regulations & policies.
Contact Dean Ahern if you have questions regarding:
- New program development
- Graduate regulations & policies
- Graduate education governance, including Graduate Council
- Graduate student concerns
Danette Altergott, Accountant, (307) 766-2839
Michele Peck, Executive Business Manager, (307) 766-6430
- Manages the business and fiscal operations of Graduate Education.
- Oversees graduate assistant (GA) hire process, including GA requirements compliance.
Contact Michele if you have questions regarding:
- GA hires, including but not limited to; processes, stipend amounts, eligibility requirements,
GA checks report
- School of Graduate Education GA allocations (base, URDM, WGE, LIFE)
- Internal – School of Graduate Education financial processing and DHR issues
Eric Penicka, Senior Information Specialist, (307) 314-4406
- Organizes, analyzes, interprets, and distributes data relevant to the School of Graduate
- Oversees forms, surveys, and reports that assist in Graduate Education processes.
Contact Eric if you have questions regarding:
- Graduate student data and statistics
- Running a GRE Name Buy
- Generating a Graduate Student email list
Julie Sheldon, Enrollment Marketing Strategist, (307) 766-2846
- Ensures that the graduate school and all graduate programs are marketed effectively
to prospective target audiences.
- Manages marketing and enrollment activities to continually grow the graduate student
Contact Julie if you have questions regarding:
- Graduate Recruitment Initiative, graduate student recruitment,graduate marketing and
SGE website content and updates
- General graduate marketing initiatives such as videos, email and digital marketing
Debbie Swierczek, Program Coordinator, Graduate Transdisciplinary Programs, (307)
- Manages the six transdisciplinary programs: Biomedical Sciences, Hydrologic Science
(Water Resources/Environmental Sciences & Engineering), Molecular and Cellular Life
Sciences, Neuroscience, and Program in Ecology and Evolution.
- Provides director support.
Contact Debbie if you have questions regarding:
- Program concerns or updates
- Graduate student support
- Faculty support
- Semester course offerings
- Catalog reviews and updates
- Transdisciplinary graduate form processing
Sarah Wolverton, Office Associate, (307) 766-6478
- First point of contact for the School of Graduate Education, managing the school’s
phone and email.
- Manages the school’s graduate form processing and committee inquiries.
Contact Sarah if you have questions regarding:
- Graduate form processing
- Graduate committee formation
- Scheduling with the Vice Provost/Dean
- Graduate Coordinator list changes