WY Cooperative Agricultural Pest Survey
Welcome to the Wyoming CAPS Program
What is CAPS?
The CAPS program was designed to provide a framework for planning, preparedness, response, and recovery from invasive pests of regulatory significance on a national level.
The Wyoming Cooperative Agricultural Pest Survey (CAPS) / Pest Detection Program is a Cooperation between the:
- Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service (APHIS)
- University of Wyoming (UW)
- Wyoming Department of Agriculture (WDA)
Guidance for this program is provided by the Wyoming CAPS advisory committee.
CAPS Mission Statement
- To Collect Data about Pests of Concern to Wyoming
- To Provide and Share Data, Maps and Management Tools
- To Collaborate Pest Management and Survey Efforts of Federal, State and County Agencies in Wyoming