Department of Agricultural and Applied Economics
University Graduate Admission Requirements
All students must meet the University graduate students minimum requirements listed
- Successful completion of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution. If bachelor’s
is earned from a non-accredited or international institution, a transcript evaluation
will be completed by the University of Wyoming to determine if the degree is acceptable;
- A cumulative minimum grade point average of 3.0 (A = 4.0) on previous coursework;
- Composite minimum score of 291 on the verbal and quantitative sections of the Graduate
Record Examination (GRE).
International students, in addition to the requirements above, must also meet the following requirements:
- A minimum Official Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score of 540 on the
written exam or 76 on the internet-based exam. TOEFL scores are normally not required
for applicants from an English speaking country or those who have attended a U.S.
institution within one year preceding application to UW. [Note: TOEFL scores are
valid for two years from the test date.] UW will also accept a minimum score of 6.0
on the IETLS exam or certification of level 112 ELS completion in lieu of the TOEFL
Department Admission Requirements
In addition to the University Admission Requirements, the Department of Agricultural
and Applied Economics requires:
- Successful completion of at least one undergraduate course in calculus, statistics/econometrics,
and intermediate microeconomic theory. Students lacking these courses may be required
to complete them without graduate credit.
The Department does not require an undergraduate degree in economics or agricultural
economics; applicants from all disciplinary backgrounds are encouraged.