Americans with Disability Act ADA Accommodation
Americans with Disabilities Act
University of Wyoming's top priority is to protect the health and safety of each UW
community member: staff, faculty, students and citizens of the regions where we teach,
learn and work. We also aim to maintain the highest quality of educational outcomes,
experiences and work products. All actions and activities we are planning have been
tested against these priorities, with full adherence to public health directives and
The University of Wyoming will not discriminate against qualified individuals with
disabilities in employment practices and activities, including, but not limited to,
application procedures, hiring, tenure, promotion, advancement, termination, training,
compensation and benefits.
The following steps give a general outline to initiate the reasonable accommodation
- Fill out the Reasonable Accommodation Intake form. The questionnaire has been updated with specific questions to assist the University
with determining if your request will be processed as an accommodation under the ADA.
- The ADA Case Manager will receive a copy of the questionnaire and make contact with
you if medical information and/or further documentation is needed by the University
from your Health Care Provider.
- Based upon the information provided, the ADA Case Manager will determine if you:
- Have a disability as defined by ADA and in need of a reasonable accommodation; or
- Do not have a disability as defined by ADA and in need of a reasonable accommodation
- Your supervisor will also be notified of your specific request for accommodation.
- Reasonable Accommodations will go to Appointing Authority for approval.
- If an agreement with your supervisor or Appointing Authority regarding your request
is not reached, Human Resources may at our discretion facilitate, schedule and attend
a meeting with them and you to clarify your request and/or explore potential alternatives
to the requested accommodation.
- You will be notified in writing once a final decision is made regarding your accommodation.
- If an accommodation has been approved, the arrangement may be periodically assessed
for effectiveness. Any additional requests for changes or modifications to the most
recently approved arrangement can be made by employees to the Human Resources ADA