Types of UW Computer Accounts
UWYO Domain Computer Accounts
- UWYO computer accountsand initial passwords are pre-created for all UW faculty, staff, and students once their information has cleared either Human Resources (for faculty and staff) or the Admissions Office (for students).
- To obtain your username and initial password, go to http://wyoweb.uwyo.edu, and click Obtain Username and Initial Password.
- A UWYO account is required to log on to UWYO domain computer.
- See the UW Computer Accounts FAQ for more information.
- Questions or Problems? Contact the IT Help Desk at 766-4357, option 1 or email
Administrative Systems Accounts
Accounts on the university administrative system are restricted to faculty and staff who
have been pre-approved by the appropriate data manager for the system they want to
Request an account for a UW Administrative System.
- Google G Suite
- ODS – Operational Data Store
- Planning and Budgeting
- Poll Everywhere
- S2 - Stone Door Access
- Student Information System (Banner)
- TimeClock Plus
- WyoCloud Business Intelligence Reporting
- WyoCloud Financial Management and HCM
Special Computer Accounts
Email aliases or generic mailboxes will accommodate most special needs. However, "Special
Computer Accounts" (special user accounts) are available when needed. Special computer accounts can be used for outside
consultants or for shared use by university faculty or staff (by sharing the account
password)*. Special computer accounts have the same functionality as normal computer accounts
including user login, network disk space, and access to network resources.
UW Special Computer Accounts FAQ for more information. Contact the IT Help Desk at 766-4357, option 1 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or problems.
Requesting a Special Computer Account
Special computer accounts and generic mailboxes are available for a small monthly fee and will be included in each
department’s monthly telecommunications bill. This fee covers the costs of software
licenses, server resources, and administration. To request a special computer account
contact the IT Help Desk at
** Understanding the risks associated with special computer accounts
User accounts grant an elevated level of access to university-wide computer resources and can potentially be used for malicious behavior. It is always best to keep a one-to-one
relationship between users and accounts to maintain accountability. If multiple people have access to an account and it is abused or used in a malicious way, assigning
accountability is impossible.
Academic Affairs Computer Accounts
ALL requests for information regarding an Academic Affairs Computer Accounts should be directed to
the respective Dean’s Office. A process is in place and each Dean’s Office is responsible for working
with the departments to facilitate the request.
The typical types of appointments are:
- Academic Affairs Specialist
- Visiting Faculty